Veteran Family Law Attorney - Houston, Texas
Founded in 1992 on a tradition of integrity, common sense and legal know-how, The Law Offices of Michael P. Von Blon, in Houston, Texas, focuses its practice on guiding clients through the often tumultuous journey of a divorce. Our attorney, Michael P. Von Blon, was raised in Houston and has raised his six children here also. He has more than 35 years experience in the Texas courts and has been a certified family law specialist since 1991. Mr. Von Blon also has over 26 years of experience as a personal injury attorney. For a consultation on any type of family law matter, of if you or a family member has been injured in an accident, we invite you to contact our offices today for an appointment.
Board-Certified Family Law Specialist, Since 1991
Divorce ● Child Relocation Disputes ● Custody Battles
Choosing a divorce lawyer to advocate for you and your children can have a major effect on your financial and emotional future. At The Law Offices of Michael P. Von Blon, our philosophy in divorce cases is to first explore an amicable resolution, except in situations where family violence or other factors may make such an approach inappropriate or may create a danger to a child. In such cases, we have the experience and knowledge to effectively advocate for you. We have handled cases in more than 30 counties in Texas, and although appeals are rare in divorce cases, board-certified family law specialist Michael P. Von Blon has successfully argued appeals all the way to the Supreme Court of Texas.
What Does It Mean to Be a Board-Certified Family Law Specialist?
Michael P. Von Blon has been certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a family law specialist since 1991, having been re-certified in 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 and 2016. Certified family law specialists must meet several rigorous requirements. Specifically, certified family law specialists must:
- Have prepared and litigated contested trials of divorce, property division, custody or other family law matters
- Have been licensed to practice law for at least five years
- Devote a specific percentage of their practice to family law for at least three years
- Demonstrate their involvement and experience by showing that they handle a wide variety of family law matters
- Regularly attend family law continuing education seminars to stay up-to-date on changes to the law
- Have been positively evaluated by fellow attorneys and judges
- Pass a day-long written examination
- Re-certified every five years, demonstrating their continued involvement/expertise in family law
Make an Appointment with a Board-Certified Family Law Specialist
If you have questions about personal injury, divorce, child custody, post-divorce modifications, child relocation or other family law matters, we encourage you to contact The Law Offices of Michael P. Von Blon today for an appointment. We can be reached by e-mail or telephone at 713-681-5288.
LAW OFFICES OF MICHAEL P. VON BLON
Board Certified - Family Law - Texas Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Located near the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 610